At first glance, Shakeology and Slimfast look like very similar products.
Slimfast and Shakeology are weight loss shakes designed to replace a meal while providing the nutrients and fuel your body needs.
The list of ingredients and the health benefits experienced by the different products are extremely different, however.
Nutrition Fact Showdown
When comparing one weight loss product to another, you want to try and compare apples to apples.
This means you want to compare one nutrient to the same nutrient of another product, to see which product is better for you health wise and which product is more likely to help you lose weight.
In the creamy milk chocolate Slimfast shake, you’ll find the following ingredients on the label:
- Fat free milk
- Cocoa (processed with alkali)
- Gum Arabic
- Calcium caseinate
- Cellulose gel
- Canola oil
- Potassium phosphate
- Cellulose gum
- Soybean lecithin, mono and dyglicerides
- Artificial flavour
- Maltodextrin and dextrose.
The vitamins and minerals on the label also include a number of preservatives and stabilisers designed to make you feel more full, including:
- Magnesium phosphate
- Calcium phosphate
- Sodium ascorbate
- Vitamin e acetate
- Zinc gluconate
- Ferric orthophosphate
- Calcium pantothenate
- Manganese sulphate
- Vitamin a palmitate
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride
- thiarnin mononitrate
- Folic acid
- Chromium chloride
- Biotin, sodium molybdate
- Potassium lodide
- Phylloquinone (vitamin k1) sodium selenite
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin b12)
- Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Buy Slimfast Now on Amazon
Inside each Shakeology shake is 70+ whole food ingredients extracted from around the world.
All ingredients are 100% natural.
- Antioxidants which reduce the effects of free radical damage, prebiotics.
- Probiotics to improve immune system and digestion.
- Phytonutrients which suppor the immune system and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Whey protein for losing weight, building muscle and brain functions and keeping skin and bones healthy.
- Vitamins and minerals, digestive enzymes and fiber.
Buy Shakeology Now on eBay
Which is Better? Shakeology or Slimfast?
If you are looking to use a meal replacement shake as a weight loss plan, it can be hard to choose between all of your different options.
Weight loss should start with the desire to become healthier, not just drop unwanted pounds.
If you are comparing the nutrients between Shakeology and Slimfast, you would have to drink many more Slimfast’s to get the same level of beneficial nutrients you get from one Shakeology shake, but Shakeology has less calories, sodium and sugar per serving.