For an unbiased Shakeology review read further.
Many Shakeology shakes reviews out there are coming from someone who is trying to sell you Shakeology or one that just doesn’t really understand a thing about healthy nutrition.
Here you are guaranteed to get honest advice from someone with over 15 years in the nutrition field and to not be sold for anything,
Find now everything you need to make the right choice on whether to buy Shakeolgy and make a conscious decision.
What Is Shakeology?
Shakeology is a meal replacement shake you prepare from a powder and drink as one of your daily meals. The shake is aimed to contain everything your body needs to act as a complete, balanced meal.
The company behind the shake is Team Beachbody (USA) which is distributing the shake through MLM and online.
The Facts Behind Shakeology’s Nutrition
On the surface, Shakeology seems to be an all in one nutrition shake that can easily replace a meal and provide you with all the great nutrition that you need.
Regardless of the benefits of Shakeology if you have the choice of eating a balanced meal from raw foods over drinking a meal replacement shake always go with the first.
Also, be advised that some shakes have been found by consumer lab to contain higher than regular levels of different types of heavy metals. From their research, Shakeology has been found to contain lead. Team Beachbody (the company behind Shakeology) has responded claim that lead is naturally found in superfruits and the company does not add any heavy metals to their shakes.
If you’d like to avoid the risk of any heavy metals in your shake below is an amazing alternative. You’re going to love it!
It’s one of the only shakes out there tested for heavy metals that is also Vegan, No Additives, Preservative Free, No Salt, No Sugar.
And it also comes at a much cheaper price than Shakeology.
Back to Shakeology.
Here Shakeology’s pros and cons:
– Superfoods – Shakeology is made with almost only superfoods.
– Natural Nutrition – It’s a natural source for vitamins, minerals, proteins, Antioxidants, Adaptogens, probiotics, and more.
– High Protein – Each serving provides 17 grams of veg protein.
– Plant-Based – Suitable for vegetarians with a vegan option too.
– Gmo and Gluten-free.
– The Price – Shakeology price is almost $5 per serving. Most protein shakes come at a much lower rate.
– Contains Sugar – Not a lot (7g per serving = 1.6 teaspoons) and some of the sugars come from the natural sugar in the superfruits but still if you are trying to avoid sugars all at once, then Shakeology isn’t an option.
– Not fully certified – Although Shakeology is claimed to be Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten-Free, none of these are officially certified.
More Things to consider
– Calories – A complete meal should contain 300-400 calories and every serving of Shakeology (48gr) contains 140 calories. That means it makes sense to use Shakeology if you plan on losing weight but if you need it to “replace a meal” it might not provide you the sufficient energy levels that you are looking for.
– Flavor & Texture – Shakeology comes in 6 different flavors – Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Green-berry, Cafe Latte, and Pumpkin spice. Flavors appeal to everyone differently. One person might like something that you don’t and vice versa. There, also Shakeology some like the taste and others don’t so that’s for you to decide. One thing you should take into consideration is that some reviews mentioned that the shake has a bit of a grainy texture (which is not everyone’s cup of tea).
Reviews from the Web – What do people say about Shakeology
We don’t only trust in our opinion and to get you the most reliable information has made a research on what people are saying about Shakeology.
If you’d prefer to make the research by yourself you can start by visiting this page on Amazon and find out.
Another thing to note is that some of the “good reviews” on Amazon and around the web are from Beachbody coaches (who are selling the product). That makes some of these reviews, not 100% reliable so don’t entirely count on all the “Shakeology saved my life” types of reviews.
Here is our summary of all the reviews we could find online for Shakeology.
The Good Reviews
Some reviewers have mentioned that Shakeology has helped them stop food cravings by making them feel full for long after drinking it and therefore also helped them in losing weight.
Others have reported the shake to make them feel lighter and more energized during the day.
A few also described significant improvement in their overall health condition.
The Bad Reviews
The main concern of people was, how not, with the price tag. A lot of consumers of Shakeology have complained about the high price and some even mentioned that the number of servings in the bag was less than it should be (which increases the price per serving even further).
Some people have mentioned that they used to like Shakeology but since the change in its formula (in the recent year 2019-2020) the shake just doesn’t taste good anymore.
Taste is a very personal thing but we’re here to deliver the news. So would also just mention that about 5-10% of the reviews (we’ve been analyzing) have reported the shake to be tasting so bad to a that they didn’t manage drinking it.
Some reviews have made complained about the customer service that was very difficult to receive from the Team Beachbody after purchasing the product.
Others (about 1-3%) have reported bad side effects like stomach pain, bloating, nausea, and even vomiting.
Taking everything into consideration it seems that there are 2 main issues with Shakeology:
- The price –Which is way too high compared to other alternatives.
- The Taste – That from the reviews seems to have gone bad due to the change in the new formula.
For these reasons, we’d recommend looking at different plant-based alternatives.
With 3 of the best ones being:
On Nutrition Gold Standard
The shakes above come at a much lower expense and have fewer bad reviews regarding the taste and side effects of the drink.
Apart from that, if you have the budget and if Shakeology contains all the “pure natural nutrition” that it says it does, you can give it a try to find out whether it’s worth it. Here are the best places to buy Shakeology from.